Telekom 6K VR Live Produktion
A few facts about the award-winning production
- Live VR360 Streaming of the premier Basketball league in Bonn (GER)
- Full multi-party, end-to-end chain
- Two simultaneous camera feeds between which the user can switch back and forth directly
- 6K VR360 quality at average bitrates of 10Mbps per user
- Full, mixed audio feeds Audio with commentary
- Unlimited distribution scalability (within CDN restrictions)
- Playback of the 6K sources on multiple platforms: today’s VR headsets (Oculus Go and Gear VR) and Android tablets, phones and STBs, select iOS users
Commissioned by Deutsche Telekom (for the MagentaVR app), our project partners built a complete end-to-end system using Tiled Media’s ClearVR technology. On November 11, the first test took place and on December 9, 2018 the production was publicly streamed. The games of the Crailsheim Merlins – Telekom Baskets on November 11 and the game of the EWE Oldenburg Baskets – Telekom Baskets on December 9, 2018 were documented.
Users across Europe had the choice of two camera perspectives, both streamed in high 6K quality. It was possible to switch back and forth between VR impressions from the sidelines or from one of the baskets.
Sven Bolthausen (MediaKind) explains the details of the project at the IABM conference